The Support Services Assistant provides back up for Medical Records, Clinical, and Administrative Assistants. May include taking patient vitals, medical records, and clerical duties. Travel is required to outlying clinics.
- Represent Families, Inc. in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner.
- Request maintenance work and repairs for the clinic.
- Order supplies for the clinic.
- Log out of Mitel phone system for calls to be received at Jonesboro corporate office, check and lock all outside doors, and straighten up and sanitize the lobby before leaving in the evening.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete operation of Mitel phone system-answering and transferring calls to the appropriate staff for Jonesboro and outlying clinics.
- Varies reports to complete as assigned.
- Completes clinical assistant note in the electronic medical record to include vital signs.
- Enters all concurrent medicines and allergies in the electronic medical record, as applicable.
- Serves as liaison between client and physician for medication questions and refills via the Prescription Inquiry form.
- Obtains PCP referrals Requests PCP Referrals on current clients and notifies CS, MHP, MHPP when the request has not been returned in a timely manner.
- Assist with the re-scheduling and notification of clients when a med clinic is cancelled or re-scheduled.
- Distribute Discharge Instructions, 2 Week Discharge Letters, and PCP Progress Summaries.
- Facilitates Discharges Instructions in client’s electronic medical record, as applicable.
- Maintains necessary quantities of paper forms in designated area.
- Processes release of information requests in a timely manner using the client contact section of the electronic medical record to monitor the requests.
- Responsible for maintaining medical records for the outpatient clinic.
- Attaches documentation to client’s electronic medical record via scanning.
AA Outpatient & Psych Testing Department
- Obtains PCP referrals Requests PCP Referrals on current clients and notifies CS, MHP, QBHP when the request has not been returned in a timely manner
- Liaison between the satellite clinics and the Jonesboro corporate office.
- Schedule medication clinics in the electronic medical record to include confirmation notes and the availability of an accurate daily schedule.
- Issue school and work excuses as needed.
- Collect deductible and co-pays, issue receipts for these payments and forward both to the Jonesboro Business Office when requested.
- Obtain accurate and complete Request for Service information (RFS) and follow the RFS through to becoming an active Client or declined RFS within a timely manner.
The Support Services Assistant must have one year of experience in an office environment. Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.