The function of the Billing Clerk – Private Insurance position is to verify private insurance benefits and assist in other Billing Office functions.
- Verifies private insurance benefits and notifies the clinic that the verification of benefits has been completed.
- Acquires pre-certification for Testing clients when applicable.
- Post client payments and private insurance payments in Credible for all clinic locations.
- Follow-up on denied claims and resolve as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.
Required: Ability to retain confidentiality and ability to perform several tasks simultaneously. Ability to communicate and work effectively with clients, professionals, and staff.
Preferred: Proficient typing skills, excellent spelling and grammar skills, strong organizational skills, knowledge of Microsoft office software, ability to acclimate and function in other windows based operating systems.