The Clinical Assistant provides support to the Outpatient treatment team by preparing clients to be evaluated by medical staff and serving as a liaison between medication management appointments. The Clinical Assistant also provides infection control oversight for the local Outpatient clinic.
- Represent Families, Inc. in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner.
- Completes clinical assistant documentation in the electronic medical record to include vital signs, review of systems and client interview.
- Enters all concurrent medicines and allergies in the electronic medical record, as applicable.
- Maintains and/or coordinates drug Sample Inventory and documents accordingly.
- Administers medication injections as needed.
- Serves as liaison between client and Psychiatrist for medication questions and refills.
- Monitors reports as needed to ensure processes are followed and information in the electronic medical record is accurate and complete.
- Assists with the re-scheduling and notification of clients when a med clinic is cancelled or re-scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Arkansas is preferred.
One year of experience in an office environment is required.
Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.
Required: Ability to retain confidentiality and ability to perform several tasks simultaneously. Must be able to work professionally with clients, staff, and outside agencies.
Preferred: Proficient nursing skills, strong organizational skills, knowledge of Microsoft office software.